For six months we worked slavishly with one goal in mind – to be ready for the launch of Heymat at the Oslo Design Fair. Over a four-day period, the entire gift and interior design branch of Norway is gathered in Lillestrøm to present their products to buyers at the Oslo Design Fair.
We rigged our stand on Wednesday and left the exhibition hall that same evening with butterflies in our stomachs. Our aim of taking part in the Oslo Design Fair was twofold: To develop contacts and establish a chain of distributors, but equally important was the marketing and learning effect of participating.
After Day 1 we could happily sum up the day as follows:
- The design of the mats was very well received. Kristine Five Melvær is a well-known designer. It means a great deal when we sell to distributors and strengthen our brand.
- Colour is on the way back. We attended a lecture by Finn Schjøll and he was crystal clear about one thing: colour is returning to the Norwegian home. It was very nice of him to later drop by our stand and give us positive feedback on the colour selection in our mats.
- We have linked up with several distributors and have established contact with many others who are interested but who for various reasons are not here at the exhibition. A number of interior designers have also shown interest. They see possibilities for using Heymat in various projects they are working on.
- We received lots of good advice and tips from other experienced exhibitors – smart tips and tricks for how to market the mats in social media. Perhaps the most important piece of advice was: “Be patient”. Being absolutely fresh at this exhibition was challenging and you must have a long-term perspective. That is exactly what we have.
- The response in social media has been overwhelming. Interior design is an area that is taking off and we will continue to promote our products aggressively on Instagram, Facebook and blogs.
We’re now looking forward to continuing. The exhibition continues until Sunday, when we return to Mo i Rana and continue marketing. Have a good weekend!